SAAQ and Accessibility
Accessibility enables people with disabilities or special problems to have access to information on the Web.
If you experience difficulties browsing on our Web site or consulting a document, you can get assistance from Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at one of the following numbers:
- Québec (city and vicinity): 418 643-7620
- Montréal area: 514 873-7620
- Elsewhere: 1 800 361-7620 (Québec, Canada, U.S.A.)
These numbers also give you access to our automated response system, offering various services and allowing you to carry out certain transactions outside of office hours.
Access for the hearing impaired is available from Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., at the following numbers:
- Montréal area: 514 954-7763
- Elsewhere in Québec: 1 800 565-7763
Compliance with Québec government accessibility standards
We at the SAAQ are committed to ensuring the accessibility of our Web site. Hence, most of the current site content is or soon will be compliant with Québec government accessibility standards.
To improve accessibility, the SAAQ has implemented some widely accepted accessibility standards:
- All the pages have direct access to the search engine, site map and accessibility page.
- It is possible to browse the pages using the keyboard by respecting the sequential order of content.
- Users can change the font size.
- Warnings indicate that a new window will open.
- Content is organized according to a hierarchy of titles and subtitles and style sheets are used for all site pages.
Tables are accessible and summaries are available.
- A text equivalent is provided for all important images.
- A long description is available for diagrams, graphics and organizational charts.
Colour contrast levels comply with standards.
- Language changes in a text are indicated using tags.
- The main language of each page is specified.
- An extension gives the meaning of acronyms.
The following keyboard shortcuts can be used to navigate on the site:
- Go to contents
- Got to menu
Validation of site compliance
- Browsers: Internet Explorer 6 and 8, Firefox 11
- Plug-ins: Fangs 1.0.8, Firefox Accessibility Evaluator 18.104.22.168, HTML Validator 0.9.5.4.1, Juicy Studio Accessibility Toolbar 1.7
- Screen readers: Jaws 11, Non Visual Desktop Access (NVDA)
Small character size
Medium character size
Large character size
TDD/TTY for the hearing impaired
Send this page to a friend
New window opening
The following icon means that the content is not accessible. The content of the following could decrease accessibility:
- Flash animations
- Video and audio files
- PDF documents and forms
- Quizzes and games
- Dynamic Web maps
Accessibility of SAAQclic online services
Better accessibility is being gradually integrated to our online services, but certain functions are different.