SAAQ and Internet Security
The SAAQ continues its efforts to offer more services online to the public.
By using services available through this site, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and accepted the conditions and liability limits that follow.
The SAAQ is committed to providing an online environment that is as secure as possible so that Quebecers can conduct operations with us electronically.
We offer different mechanisms to make operations with us secure over the Internet.
On our site, transactions carried out on secure servers can be identified by the address “https://” the “S” stands for secured. This indicates that transaction is encrypted and secured using a technological protocol during data transfer. In addition, when you begin a secured transaction, the padlock symbol means that the transfer of the data provided is encrypted.
Internet security requires an arrangement between two parties - you and us. We have put into place mechanisms to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information and precise standards that must be met for our Web site, to protect your privacy when you communicate with us over the Internet.
To ensure data security
We take the steps necessary to ensure that operations done through our Web site are complete and secure for both parties. We do not convey personal information by unsecured e-mail, and we ask you not to do so either; using encrypted e-mail allows us to make sure that the content of your messages remains private and be certain that you are the sender.
We use specially configured Internet servers for any and all operations that we do with you. Within the SAAQ, firewalls protect our Internet servers from unauthorized access. Furthermore, personal information is not held on those servers.
For the transmission of personal information, access to our servers is restricted to Web browsers that meet encryption security standards. Our systems check that your personal and financial data are encrypted when in transit between your computer and our Internet servers.
What you must do to ensure data security
To conduct operations online with us, you must follow certain security rules. We also recommend that you take the following precautions to maximize your privacy:
- Use a Web browser that meets recognized security standards, in particular SSL 3.0.
- Update your browser and operating system by regularly applying corrective patches made available on the market. Contact your browser and operating system supplier for details about the subject.
- Use antivirus software on your computer or workstation, updating it regularly, and have it scan your data from time to time.
- Install a firewall.
- Always close down a session once you have completed operations.
- Close all the windows with your browser when quitting the Internet so as to erase information that there might still be in a buffer.
- Never disclose your password or your access code. You are responsible for the information that you send us and for keeping your identification data confidential. The SAAQ cannot be held liable for unauthorized use of that data. Should the confidentiality of your identification data be compromised, please advise us as soon as possible, to prevent fraudulent use of your identity.
- Never use a micro-computer from a public facility such as an Internet Café, library or hotel linkup for operations with us. Information transmitted could be intercepted.