Accident Report Copy Request
You, your agent or your insurer can ask the SAAQ for a copy of the police report on a road accident in which you were involved. The report is available about 15 days after the accident and can be ordered by mail.
An individual can also get a copy by going in person to an SAAQ service centre.
A natural person (an individual) or a legal entity (a business) can get an accident report copy by submitting:
- The form Demande de rapport d'accident de véhicules routiers, duly filled out (available through SAAQ service centres);
- information on the identity of the person involved in the accident;
- the event number, which is a 15-digit number assigned by the police officer making out the accident report;
- the licence plate number of the vehicle involved in the accident (shown on the vehicle's registration certificate);
- the driver's licence number of the driver involved in the accident (shown on the driver's licence).
- A cheque to cover the required fees.