Checking the Validity of a Driver's Licence by Email
Maximum processing time is 10 business days. A fee of $1.60 per licence is applicable for the first 5 licences. Starting with the 6th licence, the fee is $0.25 per licence.
Please carefully read all of the instructions before submitting your request. Incomplete or non-compliant requests will be returned to you.
Instructions for checking several licences at a time:
- Use the Excel file entitled Driver's Licence Validity Check and ONLY enter the following information:
- 1st column: The company's identification number, that is, the SAAQ file no. which appears on your vehicle registration certificates (repeat for each line used);
- 2nd column: The driver's licence number, with no dash or spaces (must have 13 characters);
- 3rd column: Your company's internal reference number (optional - maximum 8 characters).
Please note that the file contains 500 lines. To check more than 500 licences, you may create as many files as you need. You must not modify the file by adding lines or columns or include a password or protection.
- Saving the Excel file
You may rename the file if you wish, as long as it is in an Excel “filename.xls” or “filename.xlsx” format.
- Writing your email and attaching your file(s) to the message
Enter “Driver's licence validity check” in the subject line. Make sure to include the following information in your email:
- the name of the person to whom the information is to be sent;
- the name of the company;
- the company's identification number (SAAQ file no.);
- the number of licences to validate;
- the sentence “guaranteed payment on receipt of the bill”.
- Sending your request
Send your email request to SAAQ.email@example.com.
A confirmation of receipt will be sent to you.
A reply is sent by secure email and includes:
- a data file with information on the validity, categories and classes of the drivers' licences, as well as certain licence conditions and endorsements, if applicable;
- a legend to help you read the file;
- a bill indicating the amount payable on receipt of the email (by cheque or money order).