Enriched Access to Driving Heavy Vehicles Program
This program may admit up to forty young students aged 17 or 18. Students will obtain the licence classes required to drive heavy vehicles, benefit from supervised training in a transportation company and become heavy vehicle drivers.
To be admitted into this program, young drivers must:
- Enter into an agreement with a transportation company that will supervise them throughout their probationary training period. Information sessions are held in participating transportation training centres;
- Complete and pass a transportation program of study (DEP Transport par camion program or AEP Conduite d'autobus program) offered by one of the two training centres:
- Centre de formation en transport de Charlesbourg
Commission scolaire des Premières-Seigneuries
- Centre de formation en transport routier
Commission scolaire de la Rivière-du-Nord
- Pass all the tests administered during the probationary training period.
- To be 17 or 18 years of age;
- To hold a Class 5 probationary licence that has been valid for less than 12 months;
- To meet the admission requirements of the Transport par camion (DEP) or Conduite d'autobus (AEP) program;
- To be supervised by a transportation company throughout the training.
- The program will end in July 2014.
- Recruitment of the 40 young drivers as well as participating companies will end at the latest in May 2013.
- For every student to become a professional driver with safe, cooperative and responsible driving behaviour;
- To make them efficient heavy vehicle drivers;
- To help them enter their professional life;
- To facilitate their progress in improving their professional knowledge.
For further information