Procedure to Change Business Information
Has your company changed its address, name or constitution, or ended its activities? You are required to notify the SAAQ in writing within 30 days of the change and submit the following documents.
For a change of address
- a copy of the act of ownership for the establishment as well as a lease or property title for every other piece of land intended for storage (agreement of sale, title deed, tax notice [municipal or school taxes], lease);
- the original signed municipal attestation form (PDF in French: 69 Kb - 1 page) with the seal of the municipality or a duly certified copy of a municipal attestation authorizing your business operations;
- an endorsement for the surety bond indicating your new address;
- the updating declaration filed in the Québec enterprise register ;
- for new car dealers, a letter from the manufacturer authorizing the change of address;
- a cheque dated on the day of mailing and made payable to the Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ). Find out the change of address fees for dealers and recyclers.
For a change of business name or constitution
- a duly certified copy of all legal documents concerning your business (letters patent, company charter, declaration of partnership, registration), including your Québec enterprise number (NEQ), which is the number under which your business is registered in the Québec enterprise register;
- an endorsement for the surety bond indicating your new business name;
- for new car dealers, a letter from the manufacturer authorizing the change of name;
- a cheque dated on the day of mailing and made payable to the Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ). Find out the change of business name or constitution fees for dealers and recyclers.
For cessation of business operations
- your dealer licence, including the removable part;
- unused temporary registration certificates, for reimbursement;
- unused Attestation de transaction avec un commerçant forms;
- dealer plates (X licence plates) for cancellation and licence plate credit, if applicable.
Please send the documents to
Service aux entreprises
Commerçants et recycleurs
Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec
333, boulevard Jean-Lesage, C-3-46
Case postale 19600, succursale Terminus
Québec (Québec) G1K 8J6