Email us!

Vehicle Registration

Lost, Stolen or Damaged Registration Certificate

You must go to an SAAQ service outlet to receive a new registration certificate.


Follow If you have also lost your health insurance card, visit the Web site of the Régie de l’assurance maladieThis link will open a new window. to find out what you must do.

Outside Québec

If your registration certificate is lost, stolen or damaged while you are temporarily outside Québec, mail or fax usThis link will open a new window. an application to have your registration certificate replaced.

Be sure that your application includes the following:

  • the subject of your application;
  • your first and last name;
  • your address in Québec;
  • the licence plate number;
  • the address to which the SAAQ should send the new registration certificate;
  • the name and telephone number of a contact person in Québec;
  • your signature.

Refer to the fees for replacing a vehicle registration certificate.

Last Modification: 2015-12-08