Licensing your Stored Vehicle
When is this online service available?
- Monday to Saturday, from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Sunday, from noon to 11:00 p.m.
Note: Any operation completed after 11:00 p.m. will not be recorded.
Who can use this online service?
Individuals who have stored, for a period of fewer than 12 months, a vehicle that they own, co-own, lease or co-lease.
This online service is not intended for...
- individuals who have discarded or stored, for more than 12 months, a vehicle that they own, co-own, lease or co-lease.
If one of those situations apply, you must go to an SAAQ service outlet.
To license one vehicle for road use and store another in your name
To avoid having to pay registration fees twice for the same month:
- First, store your vehicle. In step 2 of the storage service, select “As of today's date" and you will be refunded by cheque or on your pre-authorized debits, if applicable;
- Then license your other stored vehicle for road use and pay the cost of registration up to the expiry month.
Good to know...
- Licensing a stored vehicle must be carried out on the same day you wish to use the vehicle. You cannot use this service in advance.
- Regardless of which day in the month you license a stored vehicle, you are required to pay the registration fees for that entire month as well as for the months that remain until your renewal is due.
- Registration renewal for the following year can be carried out through our "Licensing your Stored Vehicle for Road Use" service according to the period that applies to your vehicle.
- You must wait until you receive the new registration certificate that was issued when you licensed your stored vehicle before carrying out a new transaction for your vehicle through our online services. If you wish to carry out another transaction for your vehicle before your new registration certificate comes in the mail, you must go to an SAAQ service outlet.
- Once confirmed, the licensing of a stored vehicle transaction cannot be cancelled in order to obtain a refund.
- Always keep the last certificate you received, that is, the one with the most recent date of issue.
- By credit card (VISA or MasterCard)
- By pre-authorized debit in 1, 6 or 12 instalments. Have a cheque on hand to enter your banking information. Make sure you are the person authorized to use this bank account. Find out about the terms and conditions regarding banking information.
Note that you cannot pay by pre-authorized debits if, based on your record, the SAAQ requires you to pay cash.
Before you start
- Check the configuration of your computer. Please note that mobile devices are not supported by our online services;
- Have on hand:
- the most recent registration certificate for the stored vehicle you want to license for road use;
- your credit card (VISA or MasterCard) or cheque.