When is this online service available?
- Monday to Saturday, from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Sunday, from noon to 11:00 p.m.
Note: Any operation completed after 11:00 p.m. will not be recorded.
Who can use this online service?
Individuals who want to store a vehicle that they own, co-own, lease or co-lease.
Important: If your store your vehicle for more than 12 months it will have to undergo a mechanical inspection by a recognized SAAQ agent before being licensed for road use.
This online service is not intended for...
- individuals own, co-own, lease or co-lease a vehicle whose registration certificate has expired. You will have to pay an additional fee as well as a portion of the amount owing for registration before storing your vehicle.
If any of these situations apply, you can carry out the operation by phone or go to an SAAQ service outlet.
To license one vehicle for road use and store another in your name
To avoid having to pay registration fees twice for the same month:
- First, store your vehicle. In step 2 of the storage service, select “As of today's date” and you will be refunded by cheque or on your pre-authorized debits, if applicable;
- Then license your other stored vehicle for road use and pay the cost of registration up to the expiry month.
Good to know...
- Storing your vehicle means that you are removing it from road use for licensing at a later time.
- You can carry out the vehicle storage operation online or by telephone, on the same day or in advance.
- Keep your vehicle's most recent vehicle's registration certificate, because you will need it for licensing your stored vehicle for road use.
- The licence plate must remain on the stored vehicle.
- A letter of confirmation will be mailed to you at your address on record.
- No refund is given for a motorcycle stored after September 30 or for a snowmobile stored after March 31.
- It is strictly prohibited to park a stored vehicle on a public road.
- Refunds are made by cheque or by adjusting pre-authorized debits, where applicable.
Before you start
- Check the configuration of your computer. Please note that mobile devices are not supported by our online services;
- Have on hand the most recent registration certificate for the vehicle to be stored.